Roles of Tourist Police
Tourist Police are stationed in areas frequented by foreign tourists and major tourist destinations to prevent tour-related crimes, crack down on illegal activities, and offer various tourist services such as handling tourist inconveniences and providing tour information. Tourist police protect and help tourists in Korea, ensuring that all visitors to Korea have a comfortable and enjoyable trip.
- Crime patrol Monitor and secure tourist areas of crimes
- Crackdown on illegal activities Crackdown on habitual and organized illegal activities related to tourism
- Maintain law and order Crackdown on activities that violate law and order at tourist attractions
- Public safety services Provide directions, resolve inconveniences, etc.
Contact Number and Patrolling Areas
Press 1330 from any phone in Korea (1330 Korea Travel Helpline) Tourist police are part of services offered by the 1330 Korea Travel Helpline.
- Seoul : Myeong-dong, Namdaemun, Hongdae, Itaewon, Insa-dong, Dongdaemun, Gangnam and other major tourists areas
- Busan : Haeundae, Nampo-dong, Gwangalli and other major tourists areas
- Incheon : Incheon International Airport, Songdo, Chinatown and other major tourists areas
Tourist Police Centers
The following support centers area located on the main streets of major tourist areas.
|Seoul||Myeong-dong 14,||Myeongdong-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul (in front of Exit 15 of Myeong-dong Underground Shopping Center)||+82-2-700-6276|| 10:00-21:30 |
|Seoul||Hongdae 145-3,||Eoulmadang-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul (next to Mapo Tourist Information Center)||+82-2-700-6278|| 10:00-21:30 |
|Seoul||Itaewon 34-2,||Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul (in Noksapyeong Park)||+82-2-700-6195|| 10:00-21:30 |
|Seoul||Dongdaemun 275,||Jangchungdan-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul (in front of Doota Mall)||+82-2-700-6296|| 10:00-21:30 |
|Busan||Nampo-dong 44,||Gudeok-ro, Jung-gu, Busan (at the entrance to BIFF Square)||+82-51-231-0113|| 10:00-17:00 |
(Closed on weekends and holidays)