“Creating a Happy Country Through Tourism”
Greetings to all! I am Jang-sil Kim, the 26th CEO of the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO).
Since its establishment in 1962, to the attraction of a record 17.5 million foreign tourists in 2019, the KTO has steadfastly endeavored to contribute to the country’s economic development and raise the quality of life of the Korean people through tourism.
Tourism is a future industry that can create quality jobs and increase national wealth. As a public organization, the KTO will strive to make Korea a tourism powerhouse by further developing the country’s tourism industry.
- 1992 University of Hawaii Graduate School, Ph. D. in Political Science
- 1981 Seoul National University Graduate School, Master of Public Administration
- 1979 Yeungnam University, Bachelor of Public Administration
- 1974 Gyeongnam Technical High School
- Oct. 2022–Present 26th CEO of the Korea Tourism Organization
- 2016 – Oct. 2022 Chair Professor at Seoul Cyber University
- 2022 – May. 2022 Guest Chairperson of the National Integration Committee of the 20th Presidential
Inauguration Preparatory Committee
- 2018 - 2019 Vice President/ Acting President of the Yeouido Institute
- 2012 - 2016 Member of the 19th National Assembly
- 2009 - 2012 President of Seoul Arts Center
- 2008 - 2009 The 1st Vice Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- 2006 - 2008 Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs Office of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- 2001 - 2003 Director General of the Arts Bureau of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- 1995 - 1996 Manager of the Office of Senior Secretary to the President for Political Affairs
- 1979 Passed 23rd Public Administration Exam